Administration at the State Level
At the state level, the Virginia Master Naturalist program is organized into chapters and overseen by statewide committees. A Program Coordinator oversees the day-to-day operations of the program and is the primary contact for the chapters. Learn more about the program’s structure statewide.
Administration at the Local Level
- President (2013): Laura Seale
- President-elect (2014): Marilyn Smith
- Past President (2012): Tony Russell
- Treasurer: Ann Dunn
- Recording secretary: Carol Wise
- Corresponding secretary: Keggie Mallett
- Time/Record keeper: Diane Lewis
- Interim Chapter co-advisor: Alycia Crall
- Chapter co-advisor: Erik P. Filep
- Volunteer Projects committee chair: Bitsy Waters
- Program Committee chair: Linda Goodling
- Curriculum Committee chair: Marilyn Smith
- PR Committee chair: Ida Swenson
- Website/Newsletter chair: Michelle Prysby
- Historian: Terri Keffert
The RMN Board of Directors meets the first Wednesday of each month to further develop the charter and establish policies and programs to further the VMN mission.
Each chapter has a chapter advisor who is a local representative of one of the five state agency sponsors.The Rivanna Chapter co-advisors are Alycia Crall (interim), State Program Coordinator for the Virginia Master Naturalist Program, and Erik P. Filep, Albemarle County Forester with the VA Department of Forestry. They are both ex-officio members of the RMN Board of Directors.